I decided to do a tag, because it’s going to be a while until I finish either Dracula or The Name of the Wind, so there won’t be reviews up either of them anytime soon. So here’s the Intimidating TBR Tag!
- A book on your TBR that you haven’t finished
I have two. One is The Diviners by Libba Bray. I started this back in June and read about half of it, but by then I had fallen into a reading slump and found it a bit too slow. So I put it away and have yet to finish it. The other one is Uprooted by Naomi Novik. This is also one that I started during the summer, but put away half-way through because it was a bit too slow, the main character was a wee bit annoying, and I wasn’t really feeling like reading this particular book right then. So I put it away too.
- A book you just haven’t had the time to read
All of them? But maybe some of the thicker, slower-seeming fantasy books, like Jessie Burton’s The Miniaturist and The Muse, or Neil Gaiman’s American Gods.
- A book you haven’t read because it’s a sequel
Lord of the Dark Woods, by Lian Hearn. I got this on sale, and only realised that it’s the second book in a series when I got home (stupid, I know ^.^’).
- A book you haven’t read because it’s brand new
Skuggan över stenbänken by Maria Gripe. I got this on this year’s book sale, and haven’t gotten around to it yet.
- A book by an author you read previously but didn’t really like
I don’t think I have any answer for this. If I don’t like a book by an author, I just don’t see the point in buying other books by that author. Like, why should I spend money on something I don’t think I’ll even like?
- A book on your tar that you’re just not in the mood to read
The Selection by Kiera Cass. I read the first few pages in this during the summer, but I put it away pretty quickly because I didn’t really like the writing and I haven’t really been in the mood for it since.
- A book on your tbr that you haven’t read because it’s enormous
I have a few enomous books on my shelves, but American Gods by Neil Gaiman has been around for some time and I haven’t read it yet.
- A book on your tbr that you bought because of the cover
Maybe The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan, because that cover is gorgeous.
- A book on your tbr that you find the most intimidating
Hmm… I’m not sure there is one that I find more intimidating than any of the other ones.