I did a similar list back in January with book releases I was looking forward to during the first half of 2017, so I thought I’d do something similar now, but focus on July to December.
- Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green (published 10 October)
I don’t even know what this book is about, but it’s a new book by John Green, so of course I have to read it! I cannot wait for it to be released.
- The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling, with illustrations by Jim Kay (published 3 October)
I love the other two illustrated editions of the Harry Potter books that I have at home, so of course I need to add this to my collection.
- The illustrated edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by J.K. Rowling, with illustrations by Olivia Lomenech Gill (published 7 November)
I already own a copy of this book, but the Fantastic Beasts film was one of my favourite movies last year and the illustrations look gorgeous, so I can’t wait to add this to my library.
- All the Crooked Saints, by Maggie Stiefvater (published 10 October)
I read The Raven Cycle last year, and found it slightly strange. I was also a little bit disappointed by the ending. However, I am curious to find out what Maggie Stiefvater has up her sleeve next.
- They Both Die at the End, by Adam Silvera (published 5 September)
I have never read anything by Adam Silvera before, but this book seems really interesting – it’s set in a world where you get a phone call 24 hours before you die, and in this novel we follow two people who get that phone call and get to know each other through an app called Last Friend. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Adam Silvera’s books, so I’m looking forward to read something by him.